Delfina Foundation is happy to announce a partnership with Gaia Art Foundation, to offer a twelve-week residency to an artist living and working in Eastern Europe, preferably a citizen of one of its countries.
In April 2017 Delfina Foundation launched a new thematic programme Collecting as Practice, and applications relating to this theme are strongly preferred. The residency period is 8 January to 30 March 2018.
During the residency, Delfina Foundation will develop a structured series of events and activities enabling residents to:
• Research and develop areas of interest
• Develop skills via training and mentoring
• Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops
• Participate in both internal and external/public events
Typical participants will include early to mid career practitioners.
THE SELECTED ARTIST WILL RECEIVE:
• A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food and materials;
• A single bedroom at DF with shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room
• Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities
• Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK
• An Eastern European citizen, currently living and working in the region;
• Seeking an opportunity to develop your practice
• Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit your career development and in particular why an opportunity in London would be beneficial
• How you would relate to the theme Collecting as Practice
• Proficient in English
It is desirable that the applicant has an undergraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
Applicants are expected to submit:
• The completed application form in English
• A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
• A portfolio of recent work
• Contact details of one referee
Please submit only electronic copies of the above documents to following email address: email@example.com with a file size no greater than 6MB.
Deadline for applications: 15 June 2017 18.00 GMT
Interviews will take place from 10 July and the successful candidate will be notified of the panel’s decision by 20 July 2017.
ABOUT GAIA ART FOUNDATION
The Gaia Art Foundation is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to supporting diverse cultural initiatives and building a global platform to encourage multicultural dialogue through visionary artistic practices, partnerships, independent projects and production support.
The Foundation's principal aim is to take on the challenge of contemporary cultural discourse and contribute to the development of new ideas and ventures - ultimately becoming a cornerstone for growth, education and innovation. Since its initiation, Gaia Art Foundation has been involved in public art, publishing, as well as curatorial projects in London and abroad.