As the first initiative of the Khurram Kasim Art Foundation, Delfina Foundation is offering a three-month residency to a Pakistani artist living and working in Pakistan in summer 2018.
This three-month residency will provide one selected artist with an opportunity to engage in and gain exposure to the UK’s art and cultural scene.
Delfina Foundation will develop a loosely structured series of events and activities enabling the selected artist to:
- Research and develop areas of interest;
- Develop skills via training and mentoring;
- Access information and resources through independent study, field trips and workshops; and
- Participate in both internal and external/public events.
This residency opportunity suits artists who are emerging to mid-career with less international/UK experience.
The selected artist will receive:
- A twelve-week residency in London, including one return, economy-class flight, and a living allowance for food/per diems and materials;
- A single bedroom at DF, which is a shared house with some shared facilities, such as the laundry room, kitchen, and dining room;
- Opportunities to engage in the art scene in UK through structured and independent time and activities; and
- Access to a programme of planned group activities and visits to cultural organisations in the UK.
- A Pakistani citizen, currently living and working in Pakistan;
- Seeking an opportunity to develop his/her practice and the concepts of his/her artistic work;
- Able to explain how the experience of an international residency may benefit his/her career development and local networks; and
- Proficient in English.
- Although there is no age limit, the residency is focused on supporting the next generation of artists. Applicants with a highly established international career should not consider applying.
Applicants are expected to submit:
- A completed application form
- A CV detailing recent projects, exhibitions, workshops and residencies
- At least 10 high-quality images of your previous projects or exhibitions, which could include unrealised proposals.
Please submit only electronic copies of the above documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: Open Call KKAF.
Deadline for applications: 17 November 2017, 17:00 GMT
Download the Application Form
*Please note this download will not work on all mobile phones.