Our mission and guiding objectives
Delfina Foundation is an independent, non-profit foundation dedicated to facilitating artistic exchange and developing creative practice through residencies, partnerships and public programming.
Founded in 2007, we promote cross-cultural dialogue and artistic experimentation. We create opportunities for emerging and established artists, curators and writers to reflect on what they do, position their practice within relevant global discourse, create career-defining research and commissions, and network with colleagues. We forge international collaborations to build shared platforms to incubate, to present and to discuss common practices and themes.
In 2013, Delfina Foundation will expand into an adjacent building at 31 Catherine Place, SW1, doubling the size of our project/exhibition space and the number of residencies we host, becoming London's largest provider of international residencies.
Delfina Foundation is a non-political and non-grant-making foundation.
Our guiding objectives are to:
- Facilitate mobility of cultural practitioners to develop their practice through a greater access to learning, resources and networks
- Foster mutual understanding via artistic practice and exchange
- Strengthen international collaboration and partnership through organisations, collectives and networks
- Encourage critical and engaging practices in the arts and create opportunities for public interaction, dissemination and enjoyment
- Promote contemporary visual culture, particularly under-represented practices and practitioners, and contributing to international critical discourse through our programmes